Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Home is where my suitcase is...

I can't help thinking, while I sit in my new favorite bar (or in the US café) sipping on my second delicious cappuccino of the day, I am beyond blessed.

I have seen so much in the last week. I have set foot in the place where hundreds of Christians faced tigers in front of an audience. I have seen the birth place of the Christian empire. And now I am walking the streets where Dante Alighieri walked over 500 years before.

This trip is the prelude to law school. This is my time to rest and appreciate the last part of my... well I guess my childhood.

I was reading today about the case about to go before the Texas Supreme Court, about a American girl that had been trafficking and will be put in jail while her 32 year trafficker will walk free.

It reminded me why I applied to law school and why I want to dedicate the next three years of my life to learning as much as I can about the US legal system in relations to such young women as the one I mentioned above.

I have 4 months in the most beautiful place on earth, I have been given an amazing opportunity to see and experience things that I know so many wish they could. I will not waste such an opportunity. I will use this time to allow a new perspective to wash over me.

I feel as though my life is just beginning. If this is just the start... well I can't wait to see what else comes my way :)

Ciao amore.

1 comment:

joyce said...

katie!

i just stumbled upon this through blog surfing. hope law school is going well.

xoxox joyce